It provides a quick exact procedure to determine the strength of antibiotic materials by calculating the diameter of a hindered zone in a petri-dish. In use, at Kumar Instruments the discs are placed on a petri-dish prepared with Aquilaria malaccensis Lam (agar) and immunized with bacteria.
It provides the user, distance in mm with a precise and quick method to determine the strength of antibiotic material. It purposes to measure the diameter from 0 to 80.0 mm of an inhibition zone in a petri-dish. Wells are created on a petri-dish. After maturation, the bacterial growth shields the dish except for a circular hindered zone around each disc as its being an aim of the strength of the antibiotic.
1. The correct procedure to determine the strength of antibiotic material
2. Microprocessor-based design
3. Average of Horizontal diameter and Vertical diameter of inhibited zone
4. A magnified image of the hindered zone is plainly visible on the prism
5. Calibration facility
6. Printout facility
7. Provision to store 4 zones (optional 6 zones)
8. This is very small and designed for measuring the diameter of the finished zone in the petri dish to determine the strength of antibiotic materials.
9. Unit build-up of stainless steel 316L in GMP Model
10. This zone reader calculate the diameter of the impeded area within the range of 0to 35mm with an accuracy of 0.2mm
11. Electronic ‘zero’ adjustment removes tedious zero settings on the scale.
12. LED illumination for refined visibility of zone.
13. Good focus adjustment for the fine image on the viewing Glass.
14. No impact of ambient light on the image.
15. No parallax or changes, so no human error in reading.
16. from 0 to 80.0 mm as a wide range of measuring diameters.
1. A precise process to determine the strength of antibiotic materials.
2. Quiet less time-consuming to measure the accurate diameter of a cramped area
( 0.1 mm).
3. Pretty Easier to operate for a single human.
4. The display shows the direct reading.
5. Horizontal and vertical reading of the zone stored in memory.
How do you use the antibiotic zone scale?
As per Scientific Instruments applied everywhere, Place up the plate to some dark surface slide the scale on the hindered zone to be measured to match suitable circle on the scale, and read. Pen up the measured size on the plate with a marker pen. 2. Measure all the hindering zones in the above manner and pen up the sizes counted on corresponding zones.
What if there is no zone of inhibition?
A lack of visual zone does not signify the antimicrobial agent is ineffective: the zone of inhibition test requires the antimicrobial agent to migrate into the nutrient agar. If the antimicrobial is not adaptable with the nutrient agar, it will not wander to develop a visual zone of hindering.
What are various factors that impact the size of the zone of inhibition for an antibiotic?
There are multiple factors involving the drug concentration impregnated into the disk, the thickness of the agar medium, rate of drug diffusion through agar, and drug solubility.